To apply, please fill out the form found below and e-mail a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Computer Lab
If you think your skill set would be incredibly valuable to our team, but does not match the above job descriptions, please feel free to send a resume and highly persuasive cover letter to email@example.com
During the 2018-2019 school year, the Downtown Boxing Gym Youth Program will serve 150-200 students ages 8-18 from 30 zip codes and 57 schools across metro Detroit. Our work is based on a whole-child and whole-family approach with one-on-one tutoring, mentorship and personalized education plans for each of our students. Our model is designed with diversity in mind — we draw students from all backgrounds, and we work together as one family, encouraging our students to reach for the sky and pursue their dreams.WHY WORKING AT THE DOWNTOWN BOXING GYM IS AWESOME
• Detroit youth. Our students are the future of this amazing city. We want to invest our time and resources in them.
• Our kids are fearless. We want our students to know they can accomplish anything with hard work, self-confidence, and appropriate support.
• You can help change lives. We want our students to pursue their dreams and feel enabled to reach their full potential.
• Endless opportunity. Our students are brilliant and capable – the opportunities to teach, mentor, empower and inspire them are endless. We are looking for extraordinary leaders and educators to join our team who:
• Believe education is the key to changing lives and helping Detroit students thrive
• Believe that all children, no matter where they live, can succeed inside and outside the classroom
• Thrive in a team environment
• Are reflective of their work and have a growth mindset
• Have high expectations for themselves, our team, and our students
• Use creativity and think outside of the box
• Are open and welcome a challenge
• Thrive in a judgment-free zone
• Love working in an environment where no two days are the same
• Can wear multiple hats and pull their own weight
• Are comfortable leading and taking charge